Friday, December 9, 2022

Charming Sentiments Masculine Birthday Card

 Hello Craftin' Friends!

This week's Facebook LIVE featured the He's The Man DSP with the Charming Sentiments Bundle. I love a good card sketch, so I started off with Su Mohr's card (Aromas and Art) using the Sun Prints DSP and this same sentiment bundle. Su's card used the faith over fear sentiment. I didn't have the deckled rectangles she had, but first I cased her card almost exactly.

Next, I used this card as a sketch, and switched up my sentment and DSP choices. As well as changing the DSP to He's the Man, and the rectangles to the Stitched Rectangles Dies, I used the Striped 3D Embossing Folder from the Stripes and Splatters 3D Embossing Folders to add some texture to my card. 
Inside the card I added a birthday sentiment and some more die cut stars, which make great embellishments. These stars are a part of the Charming Sentiments Bundle. 
Measurements:

  • Early Espresso 4 1/4" by 11", scored at 5 1/2", scraps for stars
  • Basic White 2 pieces of 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" cardstock to die cut largest stitched rectangle, 1 3/4" by 3 " to die cut stitched rectangle (finished size about 1 1/2 by 1 3/4")
  • Dark DSP 7/8" by 4 13/16"
  • Light DSP 2 1/2 by 3 3/4" to die cut stitched rectangle (finished size about 2 1/4" by 3 1/2")

A good card sketch is invaluable. I love to save cards like this to my Card Sketch Board on Pinterest. It's a great kick start to creativity. Thanks Su, for sharing your card with us!

The materials used to make these cards are available in my online store. I highly recommend the Charming Sentiments Bundle. I hope you'll join me next Tuesday at 7:30 pm on my Facebook Page for another card using this bundle of products. 

Happy Crafting!

Kelly Pulham

aka Craftin' Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I'm glad you shared.