Friday, January 27, 2023

Queen for a Day and Beloved Cards

 Hello Craftin' Friends!

I'm sitting at my computer this morning looking out at all of the white stuff that's accumulated in the last few days. We've been getting lots of snow, and apparently we're supposed to get even more. That's alright with me, as it is perfect weather for card making inside!

On my Facebook LIVE this week, I shared 2 cards using the Queen Bee Bundle. The Queen for a Day card was inspired by Laura Milligan, when she shared at OnStage about the Queen for a Day being an idea for birthdays. I started off designing this card with tone on tone stamping using the words stamp in the stamp set. I loved the look of the bee with just leaves and flower centers coloured. You can see this version below. I liked the card, but also wondered what it would be like using the Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder as a background. You can see that card in my video linked above.  

Inside the card, I combined stamps with a little hand written note using my black Stampin' Write marker for the sentiment. 
The second card used the Beloved sentiment from this stamp set. I know it may seem as though this card should be iin red tones for Valentine's Day, but since I think it's a good idea to send a card to your Beloved at other times of the year, I didn't think that red/pink/white was mandatory. My dsp background is from the Dandy Designs DSP pack, free with a $120 purchase in my online store until the end of February or while supplies last, whichever comes first. I loved the look of the die cuts from this bundle as a wreath and the vellum wings add a touch of whimsy according to my sister. Just a little dab of Daffodil Delight in the center of the flowers, then pulling out the colour a bit with my Wink of Stella was all of the colouring I did. 
Inside this card, I used the word stamp again, and added a flower and the super sweet little bee from this stamp set.
Thanks for taking a look at my cards. For a complete list of supplies used, you can see My Projects on my web page. All supplies are available in my online store. If you're interested in a pdf tutorial, please leave me a comment below.

Happy Crafting!

Kelly Pulham

aka Craftin' Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I'm glad you shared.