Thursday, February 1, 2024

Nature's Sweetness DSP with Thoughtful Expressions Bundle

 Hello Craftin' Friends!

Have you ever been afraid to cut into your Designer Series Paper? I confess that I had a difficult time cutting into my Nature's Sweetness DSP. It's lovely, and shiny, and seemed to require a special project to warrant cutting into the new pack of paper! Well, when I was planning for my Facebook LIVE this past week, I came across the Triple Accordian Fold Card. That was it! 

I chose to use the Stylish Shapes square dies for my card. I immediately pictures them in diamond direction, and thought they worked well for this fun fold card. I added two stamped images and a heat embossed sentiment to the first die cut on the card front. 
On the second die cut, I stamped the larger floral image from the Thoughtful Expressions Stamp Set. I coloured the leaves on all images with Pecan Pie Stampin' Blends, to copy the images on the DSP which showed leaves in colour and flowers in Pebbled Path and white. 
Some little flowers on wee square die cut with some Pecan Pie leaves in behind added a final touch to this special card. I intentionally didn't add a second sentiment inside the card, so that I can choose whatever occasion I like when using this card. One tip for you if you decide to make this fun fold. Pay attention to the directionality of your design when you score for your folds. In my video tutorial, I forgot this, and ended up with the opposite side of the DSP showing for my card. It turned out okay, since I had specifically chosen this paper because I like both sides of the DSP and the way they looked together, but it did throw me for a loop!
If you enjoyed this card, why not check me out on my other social media channels at kellypulham.ca

Happy Crafting!
Kelly Pulham
aka Craftin' Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I'm glad you shared.