Saturday, November 21, 2020

Coming Home Cards

Welcome, Craftin' Friends!

Did you love colouring as a child? Perhaps you still do! The Coming Home Stamp Set is perfect for colouring with our Stampin' Blend markers with it's black line images. Also, when you purchase this stamp set, Stampin' Up will donate $4 from your purchase to charities for adoption, foster care, and infertility. What a wonderful way to make a difference! 

Two of the cards I'm sharing today feature the Trimming The Town DSP which is wonderful for making holiday cards. To create the first card, I stamped my images, then used masks made from post it notes to cover the images while I sponged some Misty Moonlight ink over the stamping. I used a scrap of cardstock to mask below to create the hillside look of snow. Finally, while the masks were still on, I spritzed with my Stampin' Spritzer filled with water to soften the look on the card. Here's the finished product after colouring with Stampin' Blends. When colouring with Stampin' Blends on your envelopes, you will want to put a scrap paper inside while colouring to prevent the colour from bleeding through to the back of your envelope.


Of course, I had to add some stamping inside as well. Remember to stamp on a separate layer so that your colouring does not bleed through your card base. 


The second card also used some sponging with Seaside Spray ink after masking my house image. I added a sentiment from the Wrapped in Christmas Stamp Set with some sponging over that as well. 


Inside this card I added the car with the Christmas tree loaded on top using the same post it note masking technique.

The final card today is a card for a friend who recently bought a new home. This stamp set is so versatile. I imagine using it for other New Home cards, for Thank You cards after invitations to someone's home, for invitations to events, ... You get the idea. 


If you love the Coming Home Stamp Set as I do, you can find it, and all of the supplies used to create today's cards in my online store. You may want to shop there on November 24th, as Stampin' Up is having a sale with 10 % off most products in the Annual Catalogue. Start your shopping list now to be ready to go on the 24th, as the sale is one day only. Unfortunately, Coming Home is from the August to December Mini Catalogue, and is not on sale, but at $24 it's a great deal already. Or, you can purchase the dies with the Coming Home Bundle to save 10 % on both products.

Happy Crafting!
Craftin' Granny






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I'm glad you shared.