Saturday, November 28, 2020

Jolly Gingerbread Paper Pumpkin Kit Alternate Cards

 Hello Craftin' Friends.

Today's post is all about the adorable gingerbread houses in the November 2020 Paper Pumpkin Kit. I'm sure I will use some of those houses as intended to make some gift card holders, but I just had to create some cards to share with you using the kit. I confess I did also use the Coming Home Stamp Set in creating these cards because the evergreen tree images called out to me while I was designing. I also borrowed the peppermint candy stamp from the Sweetest Time Stamp Set.

So the first card I'm sharing today is called a double Z fold card, I believe. I was planning to write down details here of how I made the card, but realized I would need to leave a lot of instructions and I'm sharing 6 cards! So instead, I will create written instructions for the cards and post them (free) in the files section of my Craftin' Granny Stamping Friends Group on Facebook. It's a closed group, but all are welcome. Just let me know if you'd like to join.


Here's the view of the card fully open.


The second card I'm sharing today uses the striped paper inside the envelopes as DSP. I love the little door stamped on one of the punched out pieces from the kit. Thanks Teresa Milke-Steinman for this idea.


The next card features a gingerbread man made using the Small Bloom Punch, a half inch circle punch (retired) and some rhinestones. Thanks Jessica Cruz de Urrutia for this idea!


Then I decided to try creating a little gingerbread man using a stamp from the Thoughtful Blooms Stamp Set (last year's Sale-a-bration product) since I know a lot of my customers picked that set during Sale-a-bration. Once I made the little guy, the tiny Santa hat from the Merry Moose Stamp Set asked to hop onto his head! The fence was created using the Garden Gateway Dies.


Recently a fellow demonstrator, Leigh Silver sent me a fun fold card that inspired this next project. I created this tri-fold card using the gingerbread house stamp from the kit, the evergreen trees from the Coming Home Stamp Set, and the Peppermint Candy from the Sweetest Time Stamp Set. One last addition, I used the scalloped die from the Peony Dies.




My final card for today is a pop up card. For this card I just had to use some of the In Colour DSP and cinnamon cider ribbon on the card front. Inside the card you'll notice I used some white embossing powder as well as stamps from the Coming Home Stamps Set (evergreen tree and wreath). I did a video tutorial for this card in last Thursday evening's Facebook Live.



I hope you liked the cards today and that they inspire some creative ideas for you. My best ideas come from "piggybacking" on the creations of others and would be thrilled to know if I've inspired you in any way. 

Thanks for visiting today. If you're not a Paper Pumpkin subscriber and live in Canada, I would be delighted if you subscribed with me as your demonstrator. As you can see, I find Paper Pumpkin Kits a lot of fun and a real spark to creativity.

Happy Crafting!

Craftin' Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I'm glad you shared.