Monday, November 2, 2020

Wildly Happy Quick and Easy Baby Card

Hi Craftin' Friends!

Everyone needs a Stamp Set in their stash for when they need a baby card. Wildly Happy is that set for me. I would have loved the animal stamps anyway, but it makes it so quick and easy to create a card when you need one. I highly recommend having some Stampin' Blends in your stash to make the colouring a breeze.

This style of card works well for any occasion. I've included measurements here, in case you want to try one of your own. 

For this baby boy card, I chose some Designer Series Paper from the Boho Indigo Medley, cut to 2 3/8 by 3 7/8". I matted this on a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock cut to 2 1/2 by 4". The card base on Misty Moonlight was 8 1/4 by 4 1/4", scored at 5 1/2". I stamped the image and sentiment on a Very Vanilla piece of cardstock 2 5/8 by 3 5/8", then coloured the elephants with Smoky Slate blends. I added a little Ivory around the ears. The coloured piece was matted with Misty Moonlight cardstock cut to 2 3/4 by 4 3/4". This was centered over the card base and adhered on the left side only. A few In Color Enamel Dots in Misty Moonlight finished off the front.

Inside the card, I simply stamped for you on a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock cut to 4 by 5 1/4". One tip for writing your greeting, make sure that it will be hidden by the card front. Unless your handwriting is much prettier than mine, you won't want it to show through when the card is closed.

Well, I hope you liked this little baby card. I wanted to share it with you, even though it's an "extra", since I usually post on the weekends. Why not leave me a comment sharing your favourite Stampin' Up Stamp Set for baby cards? Or if you have made a card in this style, why not share it in my Craftin'Granny's Stamping Friends group on Facebook.

Thanks for visiting today. 

As always,
Happy Crafting!

Craftin' Granny


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I'm glad you shared.