Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Paper Pumpkin Ho Ho Ho Sampler

 Hello friends!

I've been busy in the craft room creating a sampler using the October Paper Pumpkin Kit. The kit is intended to create 9 Christmas Cards. Since I knew I would be making lots of Christmas cards and I've seen many great alternate cards out there on the web using this kit, I decided to make a sampler. I used 1 of each of the 3 card types in the kit, plus a piece of 12 by 12" Crumb Cake cardstock, Cherry Cobbler cardstock, Bermuda Bay cardstock, Crumb Cake and Cherry Cobbler ink, and Basic Rhinestone Jewels. Here's a video of how to create the sampler with tips about how to design your own and adhere your pieces so they're straight on the background. 

I allowed 1/2" around the outside edge of the sampler, and 1/4" between pieces. See measurements of cardstock, etc. below. 
I usually like to have one section of the sampler fill 2 spaces. This breaks up the pattern a little and I think that is appealing. Also, it allows room if you have a wider image or sentiment. In this case, it allowed me to use one of the kit pieces without cutting it.
The piece above was created by trimming the hohoho die cut pieces from the kit to say only hoho. I liked this combined with the HOLIDAY stamp, and didn't want to repeat the hohoho sentiment that I stamped on another block.

Measurements:

  • 12 by 12" Crumb Cake Cardstock
  • Cherry Cobbler Cardstock 7 pieces 3 1/2" square, 1 piece 3 1/2" by 7 1/4"
  • Bermuda Bay Cardstock 7 pieces 3 3/16" square, 1 piece 3 3/16" by 5 11/16"
  • Crumb Cake stripe from envelope cut 2 pieces 3" square
  • Light Blue from envelope cut 1 piece 2 15/16" by 5 3/8" to back Crumb Cake die cut, one 3" square
  • Light Blue from card base cut 1 piece 3" square, 1 strip 3/4" by 3 3/4" for sentiment
  • Bright Stripe from envelope cut 2 pieces 3" squarej
Today and tomorrow, Paper Pumpkin has a sale up to 1/2 off past Paper Pumpkin Kits, Refills, and add-ons. This is only for subscribers, but if you're not a subscriber and subscribe today, then you are eligible to shop the sale! You can subscribe to Paper Pumpkin here. The November Paper Pumpkin Kit is an all inclusive Christmas Tag Kit which will make twelve 2 by 3" tags. The kit will include an ink spot, a stamp set, and all of the materials you need to make the tags. This is a great way to get the jump on preparing for holiday gift giving. The kits are only $32.50 plus tax (shipping included). 

Thanks for visiting today. I hope you're inspired to try creating a sampler for holiday decorating! Please take a moment and leave me a comment below or hit the subcribe button in the upper right corner of my blog page!

Happy Crafting!
Kelly Pulham
aka Craftin' Granny


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I'm glad you shared.