Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Quick and Easy Cards Using Fresh As A Daisy DSP

 Hello Craftin' Friends!

Do you ever need a quick card? The Fresh As A Daisy Designer Series Paper has a page of ready to cut images and patterns to help with just this occassion. I've created two cards for today using the floral images to create quick and easy cards. You could go with the sentiments I've chosen or mix them up. Either way these cards are bound to look fancier than they are. Please not that I trimmed the piece of DSP to 3 1/2" by 4 7/8" to make this card work. The white layer was 3 1/2" by 5". The card base is Early Espresso.

Although I embossed the white layer, you could absolutely leave it plain (as I did in the tutorial), since not much of it shows. A little simple stamping inside the card dresses it up beautifully. 
For the second card I used Moody Mauve Cardstock for my card base, mat, and sentiment strip. The sentiment is heat embossed with white embossing powder. To make this card, I trimmed the floral image to a 3 7/8" square. The green patterned paper was cut in half horizonally and adhered above and below the matted image. 
Inside the card I stamped some Bubble Bath flowers and used my Crushed Curry Stampin' Write marker to add the centers, using colours taken from the card front. 
Quick, easy, and beautiful! I just love the simplicity of these cards. Although I used all the fancy tools (heat tool and embossing powder, die cutting and embossing machine) these cards were really quite quick to make. See a video tutorial here

Materials to make these cards can be purchased in my online store. Click here to see a complete list of products used for today's cards.

I hope you'll tune in to my Facebook Page next Tuesday at 7:30pm to see me make a card with a floating element and another quick and easy card.

Happy Crafting!

Kelly Pulham

aka Craftin' Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I'm glad you shared.