Saturday, October 24, 2020

Joy To The World Paper Pumpkin Alternate Cards

Hi there Craftin'Friends!

I hope that you are keeping well and finding lots of creative time. Tonight's post is a case of better late than never. Life has been a little bit like a roller coaster around here. This is my second attempt at writing this blog post today. The first was accidentally deleted, and that's just typical of the way my brain has been working lately! Nonetheless, I'm  really excited to share the alternate cards I've created so far with the October Paper Pumpkin Kit. It is a lot of fun to work with!

I must give credit to Laura Williams for the idea of scoring around the edge of the card front to add detail to this card. Check out my Facebook Live video for tips on how to stamp the wreath on the die cuts in the kit. If you're going to try the scoring around the edge to create a frame for the card, it will be much easier with a Simply Scored scoring tool.

The second card (also shown on the video) used the floral stamp to create a background on the top of the card. This technique is a great way to create your own DSP. I added some Cherry Cobbler dots using the stamp from the kit as well. 


This card is an easel card. They're easy to make and very eye catching. You can see the process for making this card as well on the video linked above. 


The third card used hinge stamping on the Stamparatus with the joy stamp to create the repeated sentiment. Thanks to Arlene Luscombe for this idea. I also used the Feels Like Frost DSP, the Stitched Nested Labels dies and the In the Woods dies to embellish this card.


Now, if you're looking for a quick and easy variation on the Paper Pumpkin cards, this next card is for you. I actually removed a couple items from the sample card, and changed the layering, to make the card below. Super quick, easy, and beautiful! Please note that this card used the card base as intended, which is a little larger than my usual cards, so you will need to ensure that you save an envelope from the kit to mail it.


For the next card, you can actually make two of them using one card base and one envelope, plus some additional cardstock. I used a Crumb Cake cardstock base, 4 1/4" by 11, scored at 5 1/2". Then I cut off 2 3/4" from the front of the card base. The red patterned paper is actually from the envelope (2 3/4" by 4 1/4"). The front of the card base was cut in two, and I used one half for the front of this card, matted with some Cherry Cobbler Cardstock. 


I used some white cardstock cut slightly smaller than the piece on the front of the card to stamp a sentiment inside. You could use the white part of the envelope if you don't have any white cardstock. I added a Crumb Cake flower stamped in the corner of the card insert, with the sentiment just overlapping slightly.


My final alternate for today used a Just Jade card base, 5 1/2" by 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4". I cut a Cherry Cobbler cardstock mat, 1/4" larger each way than the white embossed rectangle from the kit. I cut the circle from the embossed rectangle using a large circle diefrom the Layering Circles dies (a must have product in my books). The wreath was stamped on white cardstock, then cut out using one of the scalloped Layering Circles dies. For this card, I stamped the sentiment in Cherry Cobbler, but Just Jade would work if you don't have the second ink colour.


Inside this card I stamped the sentiment in Just Jade, then added some Cherry Cobbler dots with the stamp from the kit, just for fun.

I hope you liked these alternate cards. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think. If you're a Paper Pumpkin subscriber I hope you feel inspired. If you're not, you can subscribe here. November's Kit is called Jolly Gingerbread, as is designed to create 15 gift card holders or gift tags, but can easily be adapted to creating cards by adding some extra cardstock and envelopes. Let me know if you would like to order additional supplies by sending me a message on my Facebook Page

As always,
Happy Crafting!

Craftin' Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I'm glad you shared.