Saturday, January 30, 2021

Sending Hearts Paper Pumpkin Kit Alternate Cards

Hello friends!

Today's post is all about the love with cards full of hearts and fun. These cards used the supplies from the January Paper Pumpkin Kit, plus some additional Stampin' Up products which I mention below. I used some Petal Pink and Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Poppy Parade, Basic White and Basic Black cardstock, as well as a bit of Sahara Sand Foil Paper in addition to the supplies in my kit. As I have a bunch of cards to share today, I'm not going to give the instructions for them all, but I did create two of them on my Thursday Facebook Live video so I hope you'll check out the video tutorial for those cards and join me next Thursday at 6 pm. EST for more creative inspiration.

The first card which I created on the Facebook video is a 5 1/2" square card. Sometimes it's fun to mix up the size of your cards, but it can be difficult to have the envelope you need, so on the video I include an explanation of how to make your own envelope for this size card.


Inside the card I repeated the Poppy Parade mat with another sentiment and more stamped images.

The second card in the video tutorial used a die cut heart in Sahara Sand Foil (True Love Foil Sheets). The die was from the Be Mine Stitched Dies.



Inside the card I used some words from the Forever and Always Stamp Set, which co-ordinates perfectly with this Paper Pumpkin Kit.

Next I created a card similar to the ones shown in the kit instructions. I thought the little snail was so cute, so I added him to the die cut from the kit. Also, I added the Be Mine sentiment with a little bow on the mailbox post.

Inside this card I stamped the heart in Poppy Parade, the Love in Memento Tuxedo Black, and added a 3/8" strip cut from a card front with the YOU sentiment mounted over top.

My first Z fold card using this kit was done portrait style and used a part of one Poppy Parade card base.

To finish this card inside I added some hearts and flowers, stamped where they would not show when the card was closed, and words from the Forever & Always Stamp Set in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

My final card today is another Z fold card, but done landscape style. For this card I used one of the Petal Pink card bases cut in half. One half was placed inside the card. The second half was cut in half again and added to the front of the Z.
Inside this card I repeated the Basic Black mat, just 1/4" smaller, then added the Happy Valentine's Day sentiment from the Meant To Be Stamp Set. Finally, I added some champagne rhinestones to give it a little something extra.

I love creating alternate cards each month with my Paper Pumpkin Kits. I find the kits help to springboard creativity when you already have so many co-ordinating elements. Next month's Paper Pumpkin Kit will include materials to make nine cards to bring comfort to friends and family. This kit will co-ordinate with the Sale-a-bration Item Field and Flowers Designer Series Paper. Get the paper free with a $60 purchase. See a hint about what the cards will be like below. You can sign up for the February Kit until February 10th at this link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I'm glad you shared.