Saturday, March 6, 2021

Paper Pumpkin Bouquet of Hope Alternate Cards

 Hello Friends!

I hope you are keeping your spirits up in spite of the pandemic. If you're like me, it's a daily struggle to stay positive, focus on the things you can control, and avoid "borrowing trouble" by worrying in advance about things that haven't even happened. One of the ways I can stay positive is to create beautiful cards, and this month, I created 19 alternate cards! I did add in some other elements, of course. I used co-ordinating cardstock, Field and Flower DSP, several additional stamp sets (Punch Party, Oval Occasions, Prized Peony, and Good Morning, Magnolia), as well as the Stitched Shapes Dies, Layering Circle Dies, the Stitched So Sweetly Dies, and the Punch from the Oval Occasions Bundle. 

Twelve of the cards I created used a double wonder template created by Julie Davison, and shared with demonstrators on the Facebook Demonstrator Planning Place by Shannon West and Emma Parkin-Wilson back in October. In the interest of keeping this post manageable, I will link to my Facebook Live where I made these cards, and then simply post photos, without explanation. 






The remaining cards I will describe briefly. The first card below uses a Just Jade striped card base and vellum sheet from the kit. I added a Stitched So Sweetly frame in Just Jade and stamped in Merry Merlot ink (from a previous Paper Pumpkin Kit).


The second card above used a Merry Merlot card base, a gold foil layer, then another Merry Merlot layer embossed with the Subtles Embossing Folder and with a decorative element added in the corner using the Decorative Trio Punch. The small flowers were stamped in Merry Merlot and decorated with black sequins from the kit. This sentiment was heat embossed in gold to tie in to the foil element from the Paper Pumpkin Kit. The sentiment die cut was "mined" from my stash of Paper Pumpkin leftover bits! I couldn't resist the gold frame around this element.

The third card was very simple, but effective. I added a white Stitched So Sweetly frame to a Rococco Rose card base from the kit. Add some die cut elements and the sticker sentiment, and Voila! Beautiful and easy.


The fourth card is very similar to the card design shown in the kit. I added a layer by adding the Bumblebee Card Base, and tucked my sentiment behind the bouquet die cut.

The next two cards both show colouring the bouquet stamp. On one card I adhered a diagonal strip of Rococco Rose cardstock embossed with the Tasteful Textiles Embossing Folder to the card base, then added a narrow strip of Merry Merlot cardstock on the same angle. The stamping was done in Old Olive, and the colouring was done with Rococco Rose, Old Olive and Blackberry Bliss Stampin' Blends.


For this card I used a Stitched So Sweetly frame again. Beneath I put a strip of the vellum from the kit. On top I added a strip of Merry Merlot Cardstock embossed with the Subtles Embossing Folder. The colouring was done with Watercolour Pencils, then I added some Wink of Stella and some Gold Glitter Dots

The final card was my favourite. It's just such a happy card! I loved the contrast of the black with the Just Jade and bright Bumblebee colour. I would send this card to all of you if I could! 


Now is the perfect time to subscribe to Paper Pumpkin if you're not already a subscriber. March is Paper Pumpkin's birthday, so if you subscribe this month before March 10th, you will receive four free stencils and a sponge as a free gift in your kit which will make 8 cards.  If you live in Canada, you can subscribe here to start receiving your Paper Pumpkin Kit each month. Each kit costs $30 plus tax (shipping included), and will contain all of the supplies you need to make paper crafting projects according to the instruction sheet included. If you're like me, and want to create your own projects, you may find you will want to add additional cardstock, ink, etc. to get the most out of your kit. Of course, you can shop for those things in my online store.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. If you liked the cards please leave me a comment and be sure to subscribe to receive my blog posts in your email inbox.

Happy Crafting!

Craftin' Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I'm glad you shared.